What is palliative care at home?
The main goal of palliative care in the home is to improve the quality of life for patients. At Crossroads Hospice & Palliative Care, we believe that receiving care in the patient’s own home is comforting, convenient and reduces stress.
Following are the palliative services that can come to your home:
- Medical evaluations, including monitoring for common symptoms like nausea, vomiting, pain, and anxiety
- Prescribing medications to ease these symptoms
- Additional medical applications like treating wounds and other medical needs
- Physical therapy and other rehabilitation needs
- Providing emotional and spiritual support in addition to physical
- Providing social interaction
- Providing guidance on navigating the healthcare system and understanding individual healthcare needs
If you’d like to learn more about what palliative care-at-home is and entails, please contact us via one of the private options in the blue Help Center Bar above.
What are the benefits of receiving palliative care in the home?
- Maximum convenience – we come to your home, on your time
- Remain as comfortable as possible in your own familiar surroundings
- Avoid additional costs for hospital stays, medical fees, travel, etc.
- Receive help for medical, emotional and spiritual support needs
We are just a call away from you Call Us for Palliative Care Services at home.
When we say we come to you, it doesn’t literally mean you have to receive palliative care-at-home. If the person needing care lives in a nursing home or is even in the hospital during the time of need, we will come to wherever the patient is. We truly want to make things as simple and comfortable for you as possible during this difficult time.